We roasted some of last year's hazelnut crop this week -- yum! We placed them in a 350 oven for 15 minutes and they were perfect (watch closely though, as your oven may vary). After roasting, rub the hazelnuts in a towel while still warm to remove the skins.
Hazelnuts are a rich source of protein, vitamin E, folate, B vitamins and arginine, and are one of the best nut sources of heart-healthy mono- and poly-unsaturated fats.
Here are three more easy recipes!
Seasoned Roasted Hazelnuts
- 2 cups Oregon hazelnuts
- 1/6 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash Tabasco
Honey-Spiced Oregon Hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups roasted Oregon hazelnuts
Hazelnut, Brie & Apple Appetizer
- 1 cup roasted & chopped Oregon hazelnuts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces brie cheese (rind trimmed), room temperature
- 1 tart apple, grated